Majestic Warrior Fitness
Holiday Weight Loss Challenge
Holiday Weight Gain Is Real
It is not uncommon to gain weight from Halloween to New Years. The holidays are a great time to indulge in food, desserts and holiday cheers with family and friends. However you don't have to fall victim to holiday weight gain this holiday season. In an effort to help you get through the holidays, we have created a holiday weight loss challenge that will allow you to enjoy the holidays and keep the pounds off. Challenges by definition are difficult and have rules, don't try to cheat the system, stick to the rules and keep it simple (don't overthink it). Have fun with it!
The challenge is open to members(fee $25) and non-members ($125 covers challenge fee and2 1/2 months gym access)
For non members there is a two step process to get started. A) Register for change and pay $25 fee B) Purchase your challenge gym membership $100 which extends until Dec31 2017.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. You will Register Above either as a "member" (member of Majestic Warrior Fitness) or as a "Non Member" of Majestic Warrior Fitness)
2. You will weigh yourself and submit that weight (below is how to do that)
a- Go to challenge profile
b- Scroll down to body comp
c- Enter your weight (weight is the only mandatory entry but feel free to add more for your own data)
3. You will do your best to eat only items from the "yes list" below and stay from items on the "no list"
4. You will do your best to exercise for 30 mins a day
5. You will submit your score in TRIIB at the close of every day (or a zero is automatically inputed if you forget)
*download the TRIIB app to make it simple from your phone
6. You will check TRIIB each day for new "bonus challenges" for some extra points
4 POINTS- You only ate items from the "yes list" but you did not exercise
3 POINTS- You had 1 sip of your friends drink, 1 bite of your kids bagel, 1 taste of the recipe you were cooking for your friends that had an item from the "no list"
2 POINTS- You had 1 item from the "no list" (not a full meal) ex. 1 piece of bread, 1 beer, 1 cookie
1 POINT- Ex: Pancakes for breakfast, Pizza for Lunch, Lasagna for Dinner, Ice cream for Dessert (If you have dinner and dessert that is 2 meals and you would receive a 0)
0 POINTS- You had dinner and dessert from the "no list", breakfast and lunch from the no list, etc.
1 POINT: You exercised for at least 30 minutes
0 POINTS: You did not exercise
Lean ground turkey
Top round steak
Top sirloin steak
Lean ground beef
Egg whites or substitutes
Low-fat cottage cheese
Steamed brown rice
Steamed wild rice
Beans (black, kidney)
Whole-wheat pita bread
Natural peanut butter
Olives and olive oil
Flax seed oil
Deep-fried meat such as fried chicken, chicken fingers, fish sticks, Buffalo wings, etc.
Hamburgers and fatty cuts of beef
Processed sugar (added sugars)
Sweeteners (honey, agave, maple syrup, stevia, etc.)
Full-fat dairy products
Yogurt (other than Greek Yogurt)
Juices (homemade in a juicer or bottled)
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
* I understand there are many other healthy options that could be on the "yes" list, but for the purpose of this CHALLENGE, you must only eat the items listed. No exceptions.
* You must submit your score each day, staff will not be responsible for this. As a reminder, make a note in your phone or set an alarm.
* Check the site each day for new weekly challenges and bonus points.
* Get your friends and colleagues to sign-up.
* Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners with the most points.
*EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions